If you found this blog post about Amigurumi making essentials, chances are you are looking into learning how to make Amigurumi. Or you already know how and have been looking into investing in the best tools and supplies for your Amigurumi making journey.
Well, I am so glad you are here. First, I would like to mention that Amigurumi is one of my favorite crochet projects to make. And that’s to say, with a few years of experience in making amigurumi, I’ve tried many different tools and supplies.
And I can attest to you, without those tools, things would be so much harder. So, I am here to say that investing in good quality tools and supplies can save you time and money. Not to mention, good crochet hooks can prevent arthritis.
This website is reader supported and contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Find my affiliate disclosure here.
What do you need to start making Amigurumi?
Tips for choosing the best Amigurumi making essentials
Before we dive into the list, here are some tips for choosing the best Amigurumi making essentials to get you started.
- Refrain from getting poor quality yarn. The reason why you should use good quality yarn is because you want your crochet stuffed animals to hold their shape for longer. Besides, good quality yarn is safer for toys, in case you’re making them for children.
- Choose ergonomic crochet hooks. I would dare to say this will be your most important investment. Why? Because Amigurumis need to be crocheted with a tight tension. So, using an uncomfortable hook could be hard on your wrist. And, who wants to be in pain while doing crochet, right?
- Get a spacious tote or organizer. With all the tiny eyes, stitch markers and pins you will have around, things could get messy if you don’t have a good storage for them.
- Next, like you do for everything else you order online, read the reviews to check what other makers are talking about it. For that purpose, Amazon are my “go-to” online corners. They have so many options and an open book of recommendations (if it’s a good product).
- And my last advice, before getting into the list, is for you to purchase a good pattern Book. Or search for good pattern designers on Etsy and Ravelry. Etsy is my favorite because it’s easier to check all the reviews from verified purchasers.
You may also like these latest crochet patterns and tutorials
- 10 Best Crochet Animal Kits For Beginners
- 25 Most Beautiful Crochet Flower Bouquet Patterns
- 10 Best Crochet Butterfly Top Patterns in 2023
The bottom line
Investing in Amigurumi making essentials gives you some peace of mind, I get it. Be it for convenience, for comfort or just because you like having nice things. Those are all great reasons, so I hope I gave you some good ideas and information.
I have all the items listed in above, and I approve all of them. Otherwise I wouldn’t add them to this list.
Drop a comment below if you have any questions or if you just would like to say “hi”. Another way to reach out to me is by joining my community group on Facebook.